Since its inception in July 2004, 43D has provided Topos licenses to a number of clients, and has been involved in a wide variety of projects providing consultancy, training and technical expertise.
Some of the types of services that we have provided to our clients:
• Modeling of windfarms and surrounding landscapes. Based on height data (dtm), 43D has undertaken the construction of large scale 3D models (e.g. 100x100km) of landscapes with for instance Ordnance Survey mapping, aerial photography and zone-of-visual-impact (ZVI) maps draped on top. 3D Turbine models with dimensions and visual appearance to the client’s specifications have been used to model windfarms. The Topos software enables real-time movement and switching on and off of individual turbines. This feature has been used extensively in live presentations enabling immediate resolution of problematic issues regarding layouts.
• Modeling of surrounding windfarms for assessment of cumulative effects. Constructed, application and scoping windfarms surrounding our clients’ windfarms have been modeled including the exact dimensions of turbines involved. This has enabled our clients to assess cumulative effects – especially when used in connection with cumulative zone-of-visual-impact mapping draped on the terrain model.
• Simulation of military low-flying activity. During the last year, 43D has tailored parts of the Topos software to support the simulation of low-flying activities in our models. These features have been especially important to our British clients when resolving issues around windfarms planned in tactical training (low flying) areas. Our clients as well as the British Ministry of Defence and RAF representatives have on several occasions expressed how presentation and experimentation with the 3D model has been crucial in resolving potential issues.
• Simulation of landscape drive- and walk-throughs. This has involved creation of routes in order to simulate travelling along main roads and walkways surrounding windfarms. Creation, editing and driving through such routes – at a fixed height above ground if specified – is another core feature of Topos. This has facilitated presentations and engagement with a range of audiences from the public to statutory consultees.
• Creation and editing of video presentations of models of windfarms. 43D has on several occasions been commissioned to produce videos presenting core features, viewpoints, fly- and drive-through of the 3D models.
• Training and consultancy in the use of the Topos software. 43D has provided training to both beginner and advanced level users of Topos. Training sessions have been customized to fit the needs of the client.
• Tailoring the Topos software to specialised needs. On several occasions 43D has tailored part of Topos to fit specific modelling needs.
• Data conversion and tailoring. According to specific needs to read or write data in specific formats, 43D has converted and performed special processing of data, enabling clients to represent their specific data-sets in the context of a 3D model.
|support@43D.com, 43D ApS, IT-parken, Aabogade 34, DK-8200 Aarhus N, Denmark, phone: +45 23382188|